Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS (CVOICE)
Foundation studying Guide
Foundation studying for the CCNP® Voice (CVOICE) 642-437 Exam
Kevin Wallace, CCIE® No. 7945
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS (CVOICE) starting place studying consultant is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced studying instrument for CCNP Voice origin studying. built together with the Cisco CCNP Voice certification staff, it covers all elements of making plans, designing, and deploying Cisco VoIP networks and integrating gateways, gatekeepers, and QoS into them.
Updated all through for the hot CCNP Voice (CVOICE) model 8.0 examination (642-437), this consultant teaches you ways to enforce and function gateways, gatekeepers, Cisco Unified Border aspect, Cisco Unified Communications supervisor convey, and QoS in a voice community structure. assurance contains voice gateways, features of VoIP name legs, dial plans and their implementation, uncomplicated implementation of IP telephones in Cisco Unified Communications supervisor exhibit setting, and crucial information regarding gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border aspect. The publication additionally offers info on voice-related QoS mechanisms which are required in Cisco Unified Communications networks.
Fourteen video lab demonstrations at the accompanying CD-ROM stroll you step-by-step via configuring DHCP servers, CUCME autoregistration, ISDN PRI circuits, PSTN dial plans, DID, H.323 and MGCP gateways, VoIP dial peering, gatekeepers, COR, AutoQoS VoIP, and masses extra.
Whether you're getting ready for CCNP Voice certification or just are looking to achieve a greater knowing of VoIP and QoS, you are going to enjoy the beginning info awarded during this book.
- Voice gateways, together with operational modes, capabilities, comparable name leg forms, and routing techniques
- Gateway connections to conventional voice circuits through analog and electronic interfaces
- Basic VoIP configuration, together with A/D conversion, encoding, packetization, gateway protocols, dial friends, and transmission of DTMF, fax, and modem tones
- Supporting Cisco IP telephones with Cisco Unified Communications supervisor Express
- Dial plans, together with digit manipulation, direction choice, calling privileges, and more
- Gatekeepers, Cisco Unified Border components, and make contact with admission regulate (CAC) configuration
- QoS concerns and mechanisms
- Unique DiffServ QoS features and mechanisms
- Cisco AutoQoS configuration and operation
The CD-ROM that accompanies this e-book comprises 14 video lab demonstrations working nearly ninety minutes.
This e-book is within the starting place studying consultant sequence. those courses are built including Cisco® because the simply licensed, self-paced studying instruments that aid networking execs construct their figuring out of networking suggestions and get ready for Cisco certification exams.