By Eileen Landay,Kurt Wootton,Shirley Brice Heath
on the center of the e-book is the “Performance Cycle,” a versatile framework for curriculum and lesson making plans that may be tailored to all content material parts and age teams. all the book’s major chapters delineates and explores a specific element of the cycle.
a pragmatic, readable, and encouraging booklet, A cause to Read can be of immeasurable aid to college lecturers, schooling leaders, and all who've a stake in selling literacy and the humanities in today’s schools.
Read Online or Download A Reason to Read: Linking Literacy and the Arts PDF
Similar literacy books
An alarmingly excessive variety of American scholars proceed to lack talent in studying, math, and technological know-how. a few of the makes an attempt to deal with this challenge have all too usually ended in silver bullet” options comparable to decreasing category measurement or enforcing voucher courses. yet because the authors of this significantly very important e-book convey, enhancing literacy additionally calls for an figuring out of complicated and interrelated social matters that form a child’s studying.
Discover suggestions for integrating the typical center country criteria for English language arts for grades 3–5 during this interdisciplinary source, which specializes in components of guideline, curriculum, evaluate, and intervention. You’ll additionally the right way to enforce the CCSS in the robust PLC at paintings™ approach.
This e-book explores the effect of literacy on 11th and twelfth-century lifestyles and even though on social association, at the feedback of formality and image, at the upward push of empirical attitudes, at the dating among language and truth, and at the large interplay among rules and society. Medieval and early sleek literacy, Brian inventory argues, didn't easily supersede oral discourse yet created a brand new kind of interdependence among the oral and the written.
Guided perform is a key component to examining guide that's too frequently shortchanged in busy study rooms. analyzing specialists and veteran academics Valorie Falco and Rochelle Soloway percentage their research-based, classroom-tested techniques for filling this educational hole: interactive read-alouds and shared examining.
- Literacy: An Introduction to the Ecology of Written Language
- Supporting K-12 English Language Learners in Science: Putting Research into Teaching Practice (Teaching and Learning in Science Series)
- Integrating Literacy and Math: Strategies for K-6 Teachers (Tools for Teaching Literacy)
- Raplets: A Teacher's Guide to Creating Urban Poetry
- A Case for Teaching Literature in the Secondary School: Why Reading Fiction Matters in an Age of Scientific Objectivity and Standardization
- Comprehension Across the Curriculum: Perspectives and Practices K-12 (Solving Problems in the Teaching of Literacy)
Extra resources for A Reason to Read: Linking Literacy and the Arts